The latest online marketing news for 2016.
We will be compiling news from the Digital Marketing world as well as some of the latest Internet News and Trends here.
The latest News from the Guardian Internet Editorials can be viewed below:
- Sat, 19 Aug 2017 06:00:06 +0000: TalkTalk scam victims move closer to class-action lawsuit - Internet | The Guardian
Information commissioner’s ruling on data breach strengthens case against broadband provider
Lawyers acting for around 50 people defrauded by scammers after a major data breach at TalkTalk in 2014 are discussing their next move, which victims hope could herald the start of legal action against the broadband firm.
Last week the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) announced it was fining TalkTalk £100,000 for failing to look after its customers’ data. The ICO said TalkTalk had breached data protection laws by allowing unjustifiably wide-ranging access to its systems by external companies, including Wipro, an Indian IT services firm it employed to deal with complaints and coverage problems. Staff there had access to large quantities of TalkTalk customers’ data including names, addresses, phone numbers and account details.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:17:21 +0000: Experts sound alarm over news websites' fake news twins - Internet | The Guardian
Kremlin supporters suspected to be behind fraudulent articles designed to look like they came from Le Soir and the Guardian
Fake articles made to look like they have been published by legitimate news websites have emerged as a new avenue for propaganda on the internet, with experts concerned about the increasing sophistication of the latest attempts to spread disinformation.
Kremlin supporters are suspected to be behind a collection of fraudulent articles published this year that were mocked up to appear as if they were from al-Jazeera, the Atlantic, Belgian newspaper Le Soir, and the Guardian.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 09:48:24 +0000: Court orders Telstra and other internet service providers to block piracy sites - Internet | The Guardian
Telstra, Optus, TPG and Vocus given 15 days to take ‘reasonable steps’ to disable access to 42 websites that breach copyright laws, such as Pirate Bay
Film distributor Village Roadshow has won a legal battle to force internet service providers, including Telstra, to block sites used to illegally download movies and other programs.
Village Roadshow – backed by Disney, 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures, Columbia Pictures, Universal Studios and Warner Bros – alleged that, while websites used to illegally download content are located overseas, they are accessible to Australians via local internet service providers.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 08:00:18 +0000: Please, no more brilliant TV. I’m at breaking point | Jack Bernhardt - Internet | The Guardian
From Breaking Bad to the latest House of Cards, there are just too many great shows. So I’m begging Apple: refrain from joining the streaming frenzy
There are several phrases I expect to never come out of my mouth. “I am overwhelmed by Nick Clegg’s raw sexual magnetism … This Abellio Greater Anglia train is so comfortable and fast … That thing David Davis just said actually makes sense.” There is one, though, that goes against the core of my nature, but it’s one that I feel must be said: I think we have enough TV shows now.
Don’t get me wrong – TV is good right now. We entered the Golden Age of Television about four years ago with Breaking Bad and Broadwalk Empire, and since then it’s only gotten better - Game of Thrones, Westworld, Orange Is the New Black, Broad City, that version of Blind Date where everyone’s naked, and we’re fine with it because it’s 2017.
Netflix apparently has 34,739 hours of content on it. That’s nearly four years.Continue reading...
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:36:41 +0000: Game of Thrones secrets revealed as HBO Twitter accounts hacked - Internet | The Guardian
After initial hack and ransom request, TV network suffers separate breach of social media accounts amid embarrassing leaks of unaired shows
Several HBO Twitter accounts were hacked and taken over by the notorious OurMine hacking group, posting #HBOHacked messages and warnings about security.
OurMine took control of the main HBO Twitter account on Wednesday, as well as those for TV shows including Game of Thrones and Girls, posting its usual statement:Continue reading...
The latest Marketing Magazine News can be viewed here:
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:15:03 +0000: Dolmio meets Dominic: pasta sauce brand hires Wire star West for latest ad campaign - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Dolmio is focusing on its potential to avoid drama at mealtimes in a new ad starring British actor Dominic West.
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:49:10 +0000: Inside Color of Change's campaign to get Pepsi's CEO to #QuitTheCouncil - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Other companies such as IBM also found themselves in the organization's crosshairs after their leaders joined President Trump's business advisory councils.
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 09:48:12 +0000: Childhood obesity strategy one year on: has it whipped brands into shape? - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
It's a year since the government's long-awaited childhood obesity strategy was announced to harsh criticism from industry, health campaigners and everyone in between - but what has changed in the last 12 months?
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 09:37:29 +0000: How to get into the advertising industry without a degree - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
As school-leavers consider their careers after getting A-Level results, do university degrees still matter, asks TMW Unlimited's CEO.
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 08:40:56 +0000: ODD launches in US after winning global Perry Ellis ad account - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
ODD, the creative agency that specialises in fashion brands, is launching in the US after winning the global creative account for Perry Ellis.