The latest online marketing news for 2016.
We will be compiling news from the Digital Marketing world as well as some of the latest Internet News and Trends here.
The latest News from the Guardian Internet Editorials can be viewed below:
- Sun, 27 May 2018 00:53:13 +0000: Egypt blocks YouTube over film denigrating prophet Muhammad - Internet | The Guardian
Court ruling ends years-long appeals process over film that sparked deadly anti-US riots
Egypt’s top administrative court ordered authorities to block video-sharing website YouTube for a month over a film denigrating Islam’s prophet Muhammad.
The ruling on Saturday ends a years-long appeals process over the 2012 amateurish film, Innocence of Muslims, which depicts the prophet Muhammad as a buffoon and a paedophile.Continue reading...
- Sat, 26 May 2018 15:00:00 +0000: Six reasons why Britain’s retailers can’t make ends meet - Internet | The Guardian
Homebase has been sold for a pound, Marks and Spencer is closing more stores – can the nation of shopkeepers survive?
In one fell swoop DIY giant Homebase became the high street’s latest pound shop last week after its Australian owner, Wesfarmers, offloaded the loss-making chain for a token sum to a restructuring firm. The deal is expected to trigger fresh pain on a high street that is already shedding stores and jobs at a faster rate than during the recession in 2009. Major high-street names including Marks & Spencer, Debenhams, Topshop and House of Fraser are also struggling. On Friday the homewares chain Dunelm issued a profit warning, blaming “challenging” conditions. So why is life so tough on the high street?Continue reading...
- Fri, 25 May 2018 15:17:04 +0000: The quick way to make a feather hat in Tynemouth | Brief letters - Internet | The Guardian
Church in Wales | Is there a God? | Friendly bus passengers | Cooking for one | Herring gulls
It is not only the Church of England that is forbidden in law to conduct same-sex marriages (Letters, 25 May). The same legislation applies to the Church in Wales, disestablished in 1920.
Rev Dr Peter Phillips
• The Church of England should have read the work of Fredric Brown before teaming up with Amazon (Want to know who God is? Now you can ask Alexa, 25 May). In his short story Answer, a scientist asks the first intergalactic supercomputer the first question: is there a God? “Yes,” it replies, “now there is a God.”Continue reading...
- Fri, 25 May 2018 14:08:34 +0000: Hacker jailed for selling Asda and Uber customers' data on dark web - Internet | The Guardian
‘One-man cybercrime wave’ Grant West masqueraded as Just Eat to get people’s data
A hacker who carried out attacks on a string of companies before selling customers’ data on the dark web has been jailed for more than 10 years.
Grant West, 26, carried out cyber-attacks on high street brands including Sainsbury’s, Asda, Uber, Argos and bookmakers Ladbrokes and Coral.Continue reading...
- Fri, 25 May 2018 10:43:17 +0000: LA Times among US-based news sites blocking EU users due to GDPR - Internet | The Guardian
LA Times, Chicago Tribune and others redirect to pages saying sites are currently unavailable in most European countries
The general data protection regulation, which has come into effect, has prompted a number of prestigious US-based websites including the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune to shut off access to internet users in the EU.
Visitors to newspapers owned by Tronc Inc – formerly Tribune Publishing – which also includes the New York Daily News, the Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel and the San Diego Union-Tribune, are being redirected to a page with the message: “Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries.
How has becoming compliant played out in your workplace? What short and long term effects will the process have on the business?Continue reading...
The latest Marketing Magazine News can be viewed here:
- Fri, 25 May 2018 14:01:50 +0000: Patrón Tequila targets 'spirits aficionados' with US tour - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Patrón Tequila is touring the US with a series of pop-ups to serve Americans with bespoke cocktails.
- Fri, 25 May 2018 13:44:24 +0000: Jaguar Land Rover names Pargeter as customer experience director in major restructure - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Jaguar Land Rover has announced a significant restructure of its marketing, comms and sales functions that affects the roles of several of its top marketers.
- Fri, 25 May 2018 13:22:48 +0000: How Virgin Holidays has partnered with Next to target families - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Virgin Holidays has partnered with Next to set up a series of stores within 20 of the retailer's outlets.
- Fri, 25 May 2018 12:43:36 +0000: R/GA creative leader Chloe Gottlieb leaves for Google - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Gottlieb has been at the IPG agency for 16 years.
- Fri, 25 May 2018 12:14:00 +0000: Currys PC World promotes big TVs by turning 48-sheet sites into giant cardboard boxes - Campaign UK More Latest RSS Feed
Currys PC World is encouraging footie fans to "go big for the big games" with outdoor executions in London made to look like a gigantic version of TV packaging.